I recently found some fabric at the store that I fell in love with but had no idea what to do with it. Then inspiration hit me - I'll cut out the image and put it on a bookmark.
Very easy to make!
1. Cut out two strip of fabric (and interfacing if you want it a littler stiffer). I cut mine 3" x 7".
2. With right sides together, stitch the bottom and sides with a 1/4" allowance.
3. Clip corners and turn right side out.
4. For the tassel, I used instructions from WikiHow and matching embroidery thread.
5.Fold under the top raw edges of the bookmark about 1/4". Place the tassel in the center in between the fabric and stitch the top of the bookmark closed, securing the tassel.
6. To add the cat image to the bookmark, I ironed a piece of Heat-n-Bond to the back of the fabric and cut out the image.
7. Following the Heat-n-Bond instructions, I ironed the image onto the bookmark.
Now I have my own unique bookmark!
I'll be taking this evening off from crafting to play with my new computer. See you next week!