From my Tumblr page

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Let's be Frank

Found this project at Craftown.com. Seemed easy enough so I gave it a try.
The best part of this project was that I was able to use materials I had just laying around my craft area.




Materials:
An empty box (Mine was from elbow macaroni)
Acrylic paints
Felt
Spray adhesive




I started by painting the box with the green and purple paint. Took about 3-4 coats of each color to hide the print.
I then measured out a piece of black felt to the width of the box and trimmed up some bangs. Then, using the spray adhesive, attached it to the box. I also took smaller piece of felt and made the hair for the sides of his head.
One thing the original instructions didn't include were his signature bolts. I just happened to have some empty plastic thread spools laying around. (Good thing I'm a hoarder for possible project materials!) I painted these gray and attached to the side of his head. I attached felt eyes and a bowtie, and the rest of his face and scars with permanent marker.


Note: Though I haven't had any problem with him toppling over yet, I would advise throwing something inside the box to weigh the bottom down before attaching the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment