Anywho, the layout of the design totally reminded me of a quilt, so I took it upon myself to make a fabric version:
I appliqued the images with Heat'N'Bond and a straight stitch to secure it to some scrap fabric I had. I was recently given a bag of buttons that weren't going to be used, and I happened to find some Halloween-themed buttons that I attached: a spider from the witch hat, an acorn on the leaf, a pumpkin on the cat's bow tie, and stars by the moon. So glad I was actually able to put some of these to use!
I've made quilts before and my one regret has always been the binding. Sure, sometimes my triangles/squares don't line up exactly, my points might be somewhat rounded, but the binding - always sucked.
So for this project, I actually did some research, referenced some of my quilting books, and took my time when it came to the binding. And whodathunk - this is the best binding I have done! If I do say so myself...
Very encouraging...so you may see more quilts in the future!