- I volunteered quite a bit. I continued to help out with the dog rescue my friend works for, but I had chosen the LA Zoo as my primary spot. I try to go at least once a month, mostly hanging out in the petting zoo with the senior goats (I'm not mocking old people, seriously, they're goats), but sometimes walk around certain zoo areas, answering questions and monitoring for bad guest behavior. This year, I've volunteered enough hours that I can do Orangutan watch, which means I get to babysit the 'rangs while they're out in their yard on display and answer questions about them. I'm hoping to get trained for that soon.
- I kept up with my crafting, and actually had a few sales in my Etsy shop.
- The goal I didn't accomplish. Well, I guess I did it halfway. I wanted to focus on my health. I did visit the dentist - had some work done, and a couple cleanings, and now my teeth are in tiptop shape. My weight on the other hand...
The first half of the year went pretty well. I was keeping up with exercising at home - walking at lunch, doing some cardio at home. But then it all went to hell when I started a busy travel season for work, outta-town guests, more travel for work, personal travel, then prepping for the holidays. Bye Bye exercise routine.
So, I have made a new set of goals for myself this year:
- Keep up with my volunteering. Maybe try to find some large events to help out at. Maybe the Renegade craft fair needs help...
- Kickstarting the weight loss again. But I need more motivation. This year, hopefully within the next week or two, I'm joining the gym. And this isn't one of those things where you join the gym, and then just stop going after 1-2 months. When I belonged to a gym before, I was very loyal, going 3-4 days a week for years. Then we moved away from that gym and just never signed up with another one. But I just didn't know how to eat back then, so I never really saw results. Now I know how to eat, and exercising at home isn't working, so it's time to combine the two.
- This may be impossible, but I'm definitely going to try: 365 crafts in 365 days. I've already started the year with making my own wreaths (see post here), and I made two, so that counts as two, right? Right.
So, #3 in my 365 crafts of 2012 is a two-toned blanket I made for Etsy shop:
Here's to a prosperous 2012!