From my Tumblr page

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ruling matter - 92 of 365

My ruler collection is slowly growing. All this time, I've just kept them on top of my sewing table and moved them out of the way when needed. So I decided to finally make a holder for them.

I grabbed some fabric, and layered them to make different sized pockets for the rulers. I made some bias tape for the edges. Tah-dah! A way to keep my rulers organized and out of the way.



Things I would change for next time:
1. Silly me - I actually forgot to sew down the bottom of the pockets before I finished the entire thing, to actually make them pockets. So I had to use some Stitch Witchery to fuse the bottoms of the pockets to the backing.
2. I should've used some stiff interfacing to strengthen the back and pockets. The weight of the rulers kinda make the pockets droop.

No comments:

Post a Comment