From my Tumblr page

Friday, May 17, 2013


A work I'm very proud of. Took hours and hours to do.

No, not really. I cheated and picked up a yard of shirred fabric from JoAnns. But regardless, I'm happy with how it turned out. All I had to do was sew it up on one side to make a tube, fit to my size, and hem the bottom. Done!

Shirred elastic dress

I'm also happy because it was my first time doing a rolled hem, and it came out perfectly.

But I'm debating if I should add straps to it. Depends on how much I need to adjust throughout the day of wear I guess. A friend mentioned making removable straps with button attachments. Maybe. But I think maybe the buttons would rub too much. Not sure.

I also started a new project this week. Came up with an idea for a quilt, picked up a Moda charm pack pretty cheaply on eBay and then some compliment fabric. And off I went!

Still have quite a bit of work to do on this though as my intention is to make it big enough for both Joe and I to curl up under on the couch together. And we like to take up space....

No comments:

Post a Comment