And with that, I've really been focusing on some new Halloween projects.
First up, I decided to use up some fabric scraps I had laying around, and made some small placemats for me and Joe to have dinner on at the coffee table while we watch our Halloween specials.
I cut 2.5" strips, didn't care about length, and stitched them together along the sides. I then squared it up, and with the cut-off fabric, I made matching coasters.
A few weeks ago, I found this pattern on Pinterest for a shawl of skulls. Unfortunately, my skein of yarn only had enough for a few rows of skulls, so rather than a shawl, I draped it along the back of our office futon.
The original pattern was in Swedish, but the author tried to translate it to English. It was a bit confusing a first, and I end up pulling my stitches out several times to start over, but I eventually got the gist and was able to whip it up pretty quickly.