Luckily, I just happened to have an extra square leftover from the quilt top, so now it found a home on my backing. I also had a little bit of the white/beige color left so I made a stripe down the center back:
As for the front, I scoured Pinterest for ideas and came across a pinwheel quilt that made bended stitches inside the pinwheel blades and I decided to go with that:
Once I get that done, I think I want to do some pretty freeform stitching in the white stripes. Time to spend some time with my Craftsy videos!
My goal: Finish this quilt by the end of the month because I have plenty of other quilt ideas just waiting for me to get started!