I thought this would be a good time to revisit my New Year's resolutions and see how I'm progressing:
- Finish 4 quilts. Two done, two more to go!
- Make a dress that I've had the fabric for balled up on my shelf forever. Eh...it's still sitting there.
- Attempt to crochet a sweater. Conquered! I've actually made two so far. The first wasn't bad, though my arm measurements were a little off and I'll probably end up taking it apart at some point. But the second one turned out very well. In fact, I just installed lining in it this weekend so now I can actually wear it. Now, I've started on a third. I'll post pics as soon as I have something to show.
- Make pies. I actually made one completely from scratch several weeks ago - the best pie crust I made so far! Still need more practice, but that's what summer and autumn are for, right?
- Read more. Double 2013's total of 12. I'm trying. I really am trying. Ten so far, and in the middle of one right now.
Speaking of quilts, I started getting to work on a commissioned t-shirt quilt. The hard part is just about complete - sitting down with my graph paper and figuring out the cut measurements. Ooh, it's hurts! Once that's done with, the fun part can begin! My goal is to have it finished or close to finished by the end of the month. But we'll see what life throws at me to get in the way...